My Blog

COOKER SHOP BRIDGEND HAS FINALLY CLOSED ITS DOORS FOR THE LAST TIME.

COOKER SHOP BRIDGEND HAS FINALLY CLOSED ITS DOORS FOR THE LAST TIME. Owner Ian Robinson traded from Nolton St Bridgend for over 20 years very successfully. The time came for Ian to retire and move to Spain 18 Months ago, he handed his successful shop to Mr Mathew McGaw who unfortunately has run the business into the ground and closed it down. A very ad day for Bridgend town as it surly has to be one of the longest trading buisnesses in town. :-(

6 Comments to COOKER SHOP BRIDGEND HAS FINALLY CLOSED ITS DOORS FOR THE LAST TIME. :

Comments RSS
Bill on 12 February 2012 13:08
A very sad day for Bridgend town. Mr Robinson must be extremely disappointed at his life's work left in tatters in such a short time.
Reply to comment

THE REPAIR SHOP 01656-670900 on 12 February 2012 13:16
THE REPAIR SHOP IS THE LARGEST DOMESTIC APPLIANCE SHOP TO HAVE A HIGH STREET / COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENT IN THE BRIDGEND AREA. ALL OTHER LOCAL TRADERS WORK FROM THE BOOT OF THERE CAR!!! AND DON'T ADVERTISE THERE FULL CONTACT ADDRESS... DO YOU WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE ON THEM!
Reply to comment

ALH on 17 February 2012 13:25
I just wanted to say that (whilst I appreciate I don't know what happened with the business) Mathew from Bridgend Appliance Repairs (formerly the Cooker Shop) has just visited to look at my poorly washing machine. He was highly professional, gave a good diagnosis and is coming back on Monday to do the repair. He has assured me that if the repair does not work then he will not charge a penny. That sounds like an honest business man to me. I can't comment on the quality of the work, but so far I am impressed with him. I think it is highly unprofessional of you publicly criticise a competitor.
Reply to comment

Peter Kitney on 21 February 2012 20:29
Reply to comment

Peter Kitney on 22 February 2012 15:53
Well ALH! Thank you for using our blog but it’s an easy one to know why he went bust, He earned a £1 and spent £1.10 its not rocket science! After employing Mathew McGaw for 10 years I can quite honestly say there is nothing professional about him whatsoever. He is completely unqualified in anything including repairing appliances!!! It comes as no surprise to any of us that he has gone bust, in fact we had bets on how long it would take for him to run a previously thriving business into the ground. During the time he worked for us our guarantee work and refunds escalated beyond belief, my other staff constantly complained at the quality of his workmanship and repeat visits for the same fault. To be quite honest if he were still with us I think it would be us putting up the shutters. The fact that he can’t complete the repair same day means he can’t afford to carry stock and him saying ‘’if the repair doesn’t work when I repair it I won’t charge you a penny’’ means he is guessing not diagnosing and if this doesn’t ring alarm bells for you them I’m sure you will be happy using him! If you ever feel you would like an appliance repaired without wondering if it will work or not when the job is completed try us or direct to the manufactures. Good luck
Reply to comment